Originally proposed to be named as Princess Alice, 6207 Princess Arthur of Connaught entered service on loan at Crewe North on 10 August, 1935, before heading on to be allocated to Camden from 1st September. During 1958/59, four 'Princess Royals' were repainted into British Railways' version of the LMS pre- war Crimson Lake livery, 46207 Princess Arthur of Connaught being the first on 9 May, 1958, while allocated to Edge Hill Shed.
Technical Specification & Detail
|DCC Type||DCC Fitted|
|Period||Era 5 (1956 - 1968)|
|Operator/Livery||Late BR, BR Crimson|
|Designer||Sir William Stanier|
|Motor||5 Pole Skew Wound|